“The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it!”
How can I give to God’s work at Gilmour Church?
Here are four ways.
- E-transfers are now available. Use this Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and we recommend this for online giving.
- “automatic deposit”
- Enter a notation in the “message field” to indicate: Envelope number if you have one and particular fund(s) you wish to direct the offering. Those funds are as follows: General Fund, Building Fund, Benevolent Fund.
- Undesignated will go to the General Fund.
- Bank fees will differ between banks.
- Give on Sunday mornings by placing your offering in the offering box in the foyer (it’s large and red and in the shape of a church).
- Give by mail and send a cheque to our mailing address: Gilmour Memorial Baptist Church, 2083 Chemong Rd. Selwyn On, K9J 6X2.
- Give by credit card through the CanadaHelps charity giving website. (Click here).
You may be wondering, is tithing (giving 10% of our income to the local church) applicable today?
Some say “no” citing that it was part of the Old Covenant (and part of the Old Testament law).
Others say that it still applies to God’s people today because tithing pre-dates the law. Where? Well, in Genesis 14 we read of how Abraham brought tithes to Melchizedek several hundred years before the law was given.
This is what we learn in 2 Corinthians 9.
2 Corinthians 9:6–8 (ESV) “The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.”
All Believers must agree on the principle found in 2 Corinthians 9 – and that is that God calls us to live a life of generosity. And let’s remember that Jesus honored the poor widow who gave out of her poverty (see Mark 12:41-44).
The bottom line is this, prayerfully decide in your heart and give cheerfully. Sow generously and you will reap bountifully! That’s a promise you can take to the bank.
Capital Campaign Giving
The mandate of the Building Committee is as follows; to develop a plan and appropriate drawing that would expand and modernize the facility of Gilmour in order to meet the spiritual needs of the community for the foreseeable future. Please note “building fund” if you would like to give in faith to this future project. We praise God for the generous givers to this fund throughout the pandemic. God is moving in hearts to give in faith for the future. Glory to God!
For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait for it, because it will surely come and will not delay.
Thank you for giving to the Lord’s work at Gilmour Memorial Baptist Church. May God bless and keep you.