God’s word tells us that we are to walk with Christ in community. Therefore, the purpose of Groups is to minister to and encourage one another in our walk with Him. We like to think of our Groups as Followers of Christ pursuing maturity in Christ.
We believe that connecting with other followers of Jesus in a small group format is essential for spiritual growth and accountability.
We currently have groups meeting on a variety of nights.
- GEMS is a young girls group (elementary age) that meets on Monday nights from September to June.
- Men’s Bible Fellowship meets Tuesday mornings from 10 am to 12 noon – at Gilmour from Sept to June.
- Women’s Bible Study meets Wednesday morning from 9:30 am to 11:30 am – at Gilmour and online.
- Mid-Week Connection (all ages) meets Wednesday evenings (2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesday of the month) from 7 pm to 9 pm. This group meets at Gilmour and sometimes in a home.
- Coffee and Coos group meets Thursday mornings at Gilmour, from 10 am to 12 noon. This is a group for women who have young children.
- College and Careers (twenty-somethings) meet Saturday nights.
- Re-NEW Youth Group meets Friday nights from 7 pm to 9:30 pm (grade 7 through grade 12) from September to June.
We may have other groups meeting as well. Just check in with the office.
Here is our Gilmour Group Covenant. We expect those who attend Bible studies and small groups at Gilmour, to affirm this covenant.
- I understand that our Small Group is a priority in my life. I will be there when our group meets, and if I am unable to attend or running late, I will call ahead. (Heb 10:24–25; Acts 2:42–47)
- I understand the importance of leading an orderly life. I will come to my Small Group meeting prepared and therefore ready to participate.
- I understand that God has gifted me to serve others. I will come to Small Group not merely to receive but to give of myself to benefit the body.
(1 Pet 4:10; Eph 4:11–12; 1 Cor 12:7)
- I understand that trustworthiness and showing honour are critical. I will not engage in gossiping personal information that is revealed in my Small Group. (Pro 11:13; Rom 12:9–21)
- I understand that we are all works in progress. I will not judge others with harshness nor hypocrisy. (Phil 3:12; Eph 4:2; Matt 7:1–5)
- I understand the importance of mutual accountability in striving toward holiness. I will welcome insight into my own life and will give insight into others’. (Ps 141:5; Pro 27:6; 28:23; Matt 7:1–5; Rom 15:14; Gal 4:16; 6:1)
- I understand that others should have the opportunity to be blessed by a Small Group the way I am. I will be willing to welcome new members and multiply groups to further God’s work. (Phil 2:1–11)
- I understand the power of prayer. I will pray for our church, our leaders, and the members of our Small Group. (2 Cor 1:11; Eph 6:18; Phil 1:19; 1 Thes 5:25)
- I understand that seeking God is vital. I will spend regular time in God’s word. (Deut 6:4–9; Ps 42:1; Ps 63:1-11; Ps 119:1-176; 1 Pet 2:2)
- I understand that the watching world needs to hear about The Lord. I will pursue opportunities to share the good news of Jesus with those who don’t know him. (Matt 28:19–20; Col 4:2–6)
Would you like to connect in a group or learn more about a group?
If so, please fill out the information below and we will be in touch.